Our Food Safety Level 2 in Catering Course is accredited to Highfields.
This qualification is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in catering. It is also appropriate for those providing services to catering premises including pest-control operators, maintenance engineers, cleaners, and laundry and delivery personnel.
1. Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
2. Outline the importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment, safe food handling and behaviour
3. Describe how to report food safety hazards.
4. Outline the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
5. Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic
6. Explain the importance of personal hygiene in food safety including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
7. Describe effective personal hygiene practices, for example, protective clothing, hand washing, personal illnesses, cuts and wounds
8. Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
9. Explain how to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy to include cleaning and disinfection methods, safe use and storage of cleaning chemicals and materials, and waste disposal
10 State how work flow, work surfaces and equipment can reduce contamination risks and aid cleaning
11. Outline the importance of pest control
12. Understand the importance of keeping food safe
13. State the sources and risks to food safety from contamination and cross contamination to include microbial, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards.
14. Explain how to deal with food spoilage including recognition, reporting and disposal
15. Describe safe food handling practices and procedures for storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting food
16. Explain the importance of temperature controls when storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting food
17. Describe stock control procedures including deliveries, storage, date marking and stock rotation
Tickets are not available as this course has passed.