For learners to be able to compile and complete comprehensive care plans.
Who Should Attend:
All Staff Within The Care Sector
- To enable learners to compile Care Plans in a Person Centered Way
- To complete comprehensive Care Plans to meet the individual needs, wishes and preferences
- To recognise how to support active participation when compiling Care Plans and develop an understanding of the importance of accurate documentation
Contents of Course:
- Law and Legislation
- Why Plan Care?
- Why are they important?
- What is a Care Plan and What a Care Plan would include
- The Core Values
- Five key features
- Care Plan Cycle
- Developing a Care Plan, History, preferences wishes and needs.
- The role of the Key Worker, Roles and Responsibilities
- Documentation of care, Recording Information
- Recording fact not assumption
- Policy and Procedures and why keep good records?
- Risk Assessment in Care Planning
- Planning the future ACP’s and End of life
- Supporting active participation and Promoting Skills
- Understand the Dignity Challenges and how to incorporate them in practice
- Formative (activities, scenarios)
- Summative: (Quiz, Q&A)