To develop an understanding on the Safeguarding of Adults
Who Should Attend:
All Staff who work with Vulnerable Adults
• To Identify Abuse and the signs and symptoms of abuse.
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of staff and organisations working together to protect vulnerable adults from abuse.
• To identify what to do in the event of disclosure or have a concern.
• Highlight actions and responsibilities (knowing what to do and what not to do).
Formative: (scenario and activities)
- Underpinning Values
- The Care Act and Safeguarding
- What is abuse?
- Definition of Abuse
- Purpose of the Safeguarding system
- Policy and Content
- Who abuses and what constitutes as abuse?
- Categories of abuse and their signs and symptoms
- Staff Duties and action to take
- Who to report to
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Recording & Reporting
- Confidentiality & Data protection guidance
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Best practice considerations
- Your Duties
- Victims needs