News Flash Archives - Franklins Training Services Ltd

International Hotel in Derby put lives at risk by breaking fire regulations

The owner of Derby’s International Hotel has admitted serious breaches of fire regulations – which became progressively worse over time. And a judge has said that not following the rules put peoples’ lives at risk at the Burton Road business. Failing to ensure emergency exits and routes were kept clear and available and not complying […]

READ MORE

Franklin’s partner with Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service to Carry out Surprise Fire Drill in Care Home

  • Posted by Charlie Franklin in News Flash
  • October 19, 2016
  • No Comments

A family-owned care home provider put team members on the spot in a surprise fire drill complete with ‘smoke and fire’, attending fire crews and simulated casualties. The exercise was sprung on staff at Colten Care’s Braemar Lodge in Salisbury in partnership with Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service and training provider Franklins Fire and Safety. […]

READ MORE

3 Easy Ways to Barbecue Safer

  • Posted by franklin in News Flash
  • June 29, 2016
  • No Comments

Theres nothing better when the weather is sizzling than to get a few sausages sizzling outside as well. We have been lucky with the weather this year. In fact you may have already squeezed a few BBQ’s in with friends & family. Hopefully the weather will hold out and we will have plenty more oppertunities […]

READ MORE

Landlady Fined after Fatal Fire

  • Posted by franklin in News Flash
  • May 6, 2015
  • No Comments

Fire Risk Assessment A London landlord has been handed a £160,000 fine and ordered to pay £40,000 in costs after a fatal fire revealed a string of fire safety breaches. The fire, which broke out at the property owned by Mrs Surinder Rana on 8 August 2011, spread across the ground floor, first floor and […]

READ MORE

Fire Risk Assessor Found Guilty

  • Posted by franklin in News Flash
  • April 16, 2015
  • No Comments

A fire risk assessor has been found guilty and ordered to pay £7,383 in fines after carrying out an inadequate risk assessment. Mr Craig Richard Stonelake was prosecuted by the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service under Sections 9 and 18 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Mr Stonelake was employed to […]

READ MORE

Jar Causes Fire

  • Posted by franklin in News Flash
  • February 24, 2015
  • No Comments

A home was badly damaged and a dog died after a glass jar refraction the sun rays on Fielding Avenue in Twickenham. The blaze destroyed a first floor bedroom and also damaged the roof while the family weren’t home. Brigade fire investigators believe that a chocolate spread container being used to collect loom bands on […]

READ MORE
Copyright © 2016 Franklins Training Services Ltd (9230689)
Unit 6 Lanswood Park, Broomfield Road, Elmstead Market, Colchester, Essex, CO7 7FD
VAT Number 248 874 652 | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy