Our Health & Safety Level 2 in the Workplace course is accredited by Highfields.
This qualification is aimed at employees and enables them to work safely and recognise and deal with hazards in the workplace. It also provides learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
1. Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
2. Outline employers and employees duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
3. Outline the consequences for noncompliance with health and safety legislation
4. Outline the requirements for training and competence in the workplace
5. Outline the ways in which health and safety information can be communicated
6. Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety
7. Define the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
8. outline the process for carrying out a risk assessment
9. Describe how risk assessment can be used to reduce accidents and ill health at work
10. Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards
11. Describe the hazards that may be found in a range of workplaces
13. Describe how hazards can cause harm or damage to people, work processes, the workplace and the environment
14. Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy
15. List examples of risk controls for common workplace hazards
16. Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace
17. State the common causes of workplace accidents and ill health
18. Identify the actions that might need to be taken following an incident in the workplace
19. List the arrangements that should be in place in a workplace for emergencies and first aid
20. Outline why it is important to record all incidents, accidents and ill health
Tickets are not available as this course has passed.