- This course has passed.
Moving & Handling TTT Refresher
March 30, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£110
Moving Positioning and Safe Handling of People
Train the Trainer Refresher summary
- To ensure learners have the knowledge & practical skills, to enable them to instruct others in Moving & Positioning appropriate to their working environment.
- Review relevant legislation; understand the role of the employer and employee duties with regard to these regulations.
- Be aware of biomechanics and ergonomics.
- Raise awareness of the anatomy of the spine. Review statistics.
- Demonstrate safe moving and handling practices, using the principles of biomechanics.
- Complete hazards analysis and risk assessments for moving & handling.
- Review controversial techniques & discuss why they are unsafe.
- Highlight effective teaching skills and documentation to be used when teaching.
Assessment method: Formative: (activities). Summative (Test, Practical & Presentations)
Duration: 1 day
- Review of Effective Teaching & Documentation.
- Manual Handling & Posture in & outside work.
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations. Definitions Regulations 2 & 5
- A.A.R.R – Avoid Assess Reduce Review.
- Health & Safety at Work Act, Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regs, Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regs. COSHH, RIDDOR
- Mental Capacity Act
- Use of Bed Rails
- Anatomy of the spine, Injuries Statistics and Causes over 7day injuries.
- Recommended Weights.
- Lifting Considerations
- Base Movement, Basic Lifting and Team Lifting.
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Controversial Techniques/Unsafe Lifting Practices
- Hazards and Risk Assessments E.L.I.T.E.
- Case Studies for Risk Assessment
- Basic Principals for Practical Techniques
- Discussion of Equipment that is available and maybe of use in their work environment for safer Moving & Positioning
- Use of Equipment appropriate to their working environment including: Hoists and Slings, Stand Aids, Rotundas, Slide Sheets, Handling Support Belts and Handling Slings. Turntable Discs, Transfer boards. (Follow T.A.R. Sheet)
- Techniques for Aiding People to come forward in a chair or on a bed.
- Techniques for Aiding People to Stand and transfer manually.
- Wheelchair Use (Where Applicable)
- Walking Frames and Commodes (Where Applicable)
- Trainer Assessment of Candidates.
- Presentations. (5mins in length done singularly or in groups) To ensure teaching skills are still in place.