- This course has passed.
Moving & Handling of Objects & Safe Positioning of People
December 7, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£45
This course is designed for all individual requirements. This course includes safer moving and positioning of people as well as manual handling of objects. The course is aimed at the health and care sector as manual handling of people is the biggest cause of injury to both staff and service users. It is designed to meet the requirements and recommendations of the HSE Manual Handling Regulations 1992 as well as other relevant regulations and guidelines. This course also includes a risk assessment module.
Theory Modules (Loads)
- Moving & Positioning & Posture In & Outside Work.
- The Definitions: The Employer & Employee.
- Laws and Legislation relevant to Moving & Positioning.
- Employers and Employees Responsibilities.
- Mental Capacity Act in relation to Moving & Positioning.
- Bed Rails.
- Spinal Anatomy.
- Back Related Injuries.
- Other Injuries Caused by Incorrect Moving & Positioning.
- Recommended weights for lifting.
- Lifting Considerations.
- Base Movement and Basic Lifting.
- Team Lifting.
- Centre of Gravity.
- Demonstration and participation in how to lift an object safely using the principals of Biomechanics.
- Controversial Techniques and Unsafe Lifting Practices.
- Hazard & Risk Assessment Using the ELITE Model: The Environment, The Load, The Individual, The Task and The Equipment.
- Case Studies for Risk Assessments.
- Discussion of Equipment that is available and maybe of use in their work environment for safer Moving & Positioning.
- Use of Equipment appropriate to their working environment including: Hoists and Slings, Stand Aids, Slide Sheets, Handling Support Belts and Handling Slings. (Follow T.A.R. Sheet)
- Techniques for Aiding People to Stand and transfer manually.
- Wheelchair Use (Where Applicable)
- Walking Frames and Commodes (Where Applicable)
- Trainer Assessment of Candidates.