By the end of the training course all learners will have an understanding of the subject matter, the laws and how to implement these into their day to day working environment, both with their fellow colleagues and the people they support and assist.
Who Should Attend:
All staff within the position of assisting any Vulnerable Adult and who works alongside fellow colleagues on a day to day basis.
Contents of Course:
- To give information to enable learners to understand the law.
- To give information to enable learners to understand the meaning of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- To give information to enable learners to support others in their workplace better.
At the end of the course all candidates will have covered and understood the following modules:
- What is Equality, Diversity and Inclusion?
- The Importance of Equality and Diversity.
- Laws and Legislation including the Equality Act 2010.
- The 9 Protected Characteristics
- Understanding discrimination.
- Unconscious Bias
- Care Plans.
- The Core Values:
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Understand the relationship between person centred planning and the rights and dignity of service users.
- Integrate the principles of care with the approaches to person centred practice.
- Develop the key communication skills to enhance person centred practice.
- Develop a person centred care plan model.
- Integrate risk assessment to minimise potential harm and support personal choice.
- Understand how to empower service users to access their choices and work with them in partnership to achieve a person centred care delivery.
- Understand an individual’s right to choices regarding culture, beliefs, religion and spirituality.
This course is available in our dedicated Colchester training room, if you would like to book this course or request more information about doing a training session nearer your business please fill out the fields below