To develop an understanding on the Safeguarding of Adults
Who Should Attend:
Staff working with Vulnerable Adults,
- To Identify Abuse and the signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of staff and organisations working together to protect vulnerable adults from abuse.
- To identify what to do in the event of disclosure or have a concern.
- Highlight actions and responsibilities (knowing what to do and what not to do).
- Formative ( Scenario and Activities)
- Summative (Quiz)
Content of Course:
- Underpinning Values
- The Care Act and Safeguarding
- What is abuse?
- Definition of Abuse
- Purpose of the Safeguarding system
- Policy and Content
- Who abuses and what constitutes as abuse?
- Easy Targets are most at risk and Vulnerability
- The 10 categories of abuse and their signs and symptoms
- Staff Duties and action to take
- Who to report to
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Your responsibilities – Recording information
- Recording & Reporting
- Confidentiality & Data protection guidance
- Taking Action
- What can reporting abuse do?
- Remember Key messages
- Mental Capacity Act
- Best practice considerations
- Your Duties
- Victims needs
This course is available in our dedicated Colchester training room, if you would like to book this course or request more information about doing a training session nearer your business please fill out the fields below