By the end of the course the delegate will have a greater understanding of the measures required to restrict contamination in food manufacturing.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
At the end of our Food Safety Level 2 course all learners will:
Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for Food Safety
- Outline importance of Food Safety Procedures, Risk Assessment, Safe Food Handling & Behaviour
- Describe how to report Food Safety hazards
- Outline the legal responsibilities of Food handlers and Food business operators
Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in Food Safety including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Described effective personal hygiene practices, fro example, protective clothing, hand washing, personal illnesses, cuts and wounds
Understand the importance of keeping work areas clean and hygienic
- Explain how to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy to include cleaning and disinfection methods, safe storage of cleaning chemicals and waste disposal
- State how work flow, work surfaces and equipment can reduce contamination risks and cleaning
- Outline the importance of pest control
Understand the importance of keeping Food safe
- State the sources and risks to Food Safety from contamination and cross contamination to include microbial, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards.
- Explain how to deal with food spoilage including recognition, reporting and disposal
- Describe safe Food handling practices and procedures for storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting Food.
- Explain the importance of temperature controls when storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting food.
- Describe stock control procedures including deliveries, storage, date marking and stock rotation.
This course is available in our dedicated Colchester training room, if you would like to book this course or request more information about doing a training session nearer your business please fill out the fields below