To give learners attending detailed and practical training on all aspects of Health and Safety in the work place and how to carry out COSHH assessments and, crucially, putting the assessments into practice to control substances hazardous to health.
Staff Who Should Attend:
- To give information so that learners may keep themselves and others safe when at work.
- To give information so learners can identify hazards and risk assess.
- To give information so that learners have a better awareness of the law.
- To give information so learners may understand their role and the role of the employer.
At the end of the training session candidates will have covered the following modules:
- Relevant legislation relating to Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Legal responsibilities
- Accidents, incidents, slips, trips and falls
- Work related injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Risks and hazards
- Risk assessments and the implementation of them
- Reporting and recording processes
- Understanding the correct and safe use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Fire, electricity, moving and positioning, working at height and work equipment
- The workplace and welfare facilities
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regs 2002
- Assess the risk to employees health
- Control and monitor exposure
- Use and maintain control measures
- Health surveillance
- Provide information regarding risks
- Know emergency measures
- Chemicals (hazard information and packaging for supply) Regs 2002 (CHIPS)
This course is available in our dedicated Colchester training room, if you would like to book this course or request more information about doing a training session nearer your business please fill out the fields below