To enable learners to control infection in their workplace
Who Should Attend:
- To highlight the Legal requirements & Consequences of infection.
- To discuss information so they may understand infection, Organisms and the development of an infection.
- To identify Incubation and immunity, Good and bad habits, various illnesses, Cleaning aids.
- Formative (Activities) Summative (Quiz.)
- Why Infection Control? Who is Vulnerable?
- Legislation and Regulations
- Policy and Procedure
- Employers and Employees Responsibilities
- Consequences of Poor Infection Control, Notifications of Infectious Diseases
- Clinical and Healthcare Staff
- Reporting & Documentation of Illness – Suspected/Confirmed Outbreak
- Notifiable Diseases
- Stool Form Scale
- Respiratory Infections in Care Homes and Control Measures
- Risk Assessment Hazards and Risk
- Standard IPC Precautions
- Preventing the Spread.
- What is an infection (Colds & Flu, Skin & Wound, & Stomach Bugs
- Types of organisms that can cause infection, Chain of Infection
- Mai routes of Infection. Bacteria
- How infection can spread
- Sharps Injuries
- Common Diseases in the workplace
- Personal Hygiene and PPE Hand Washing – Including Glo Germ Hand washing Exercise
- Disposal of Waste including Clinical Waste, Spillage management
- Cleaning/Laundry Colour – Code for Hygiene
- Detergents and their use
- The environment and surroundings – how to prevent infection including Pets.
This course is available in our dedicated Colchester training room, if you would like to book this course or request more information about doing a training session nearer your business please fill out the fields below