To provide information to enable learners to identify pressure areas and assist in the prevention of pressure ulcers.
Who Should Attend:
All Nursing Care
- Describe what a pressure ulcer is and how it develops.
- Explain the Water low risk assessment process.
- Identify those who are high risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- Grade pressure ulcers using EPUAP pressure ulcer classification.
- Highlight equipment, methods and aids for pressure ulcer prevention & how to prevent the development of Pressure Ulcers.
- Formative (Activities) Summative (Quiz)
- Key Documents, Guidelines and Definition,
- Aetiology of Pressure Ulcers,
- Anatomy of the skin,
- Pressure Ulcer impact on people’s lives,
- Healthy Skin,
- Common sites for pressure ulcers to occur,
- Predisposing factors,
- Pressure, Shear and Friction explained
- Prevention, Risk Assessment and who is at risk
- What do we Assess
- Waterflow Risk Assessment
- BMI & MUST Tool explained and why Nutrition is important
- Recognising a pressure ulcer developing
- EPUAP stages of a Pressure Ulcer
- Reverse Grading
- Repositioning & Patient handling
- Mattress provision & Mattress testing
- Aderma as part of a care plan
- Chairs, Cushions and continuity
- Bed clothing & Patient clothing
- The effect of Pain, Sleep, Medication
- Comfort aids
- Skin care & self-care
- Documentation and why is this important
- Pressure ulcer v Moisture Lesion
- Leg ulcers v pressure ulcers
- Treatments, Duty of Care
This course is available in our dedicated Colchester training room, if you would like to book this course or request more information about doing a training session nearer your business please fill out the fields below