To Understand the law & theory behind Moving & Handling of Inanimate Objects.
Who Should Attend:
All Staff that deal with moving and handling of inanimate objects – i.e (Loads)
- Review relevant legislation
- Understand the role of the employer & employee’s duties with regard to these regulations
- Raise awareness of biomechanics & ergonomics
- Explore the anatomy of the spine
- Review statistics
- Discuss the importance of Risk Assessments
Contents of Course:
- Moving & Positioning & Posture In & Outside Work.
- The Definitions: The Employer & Employee.
- Laws and Legislation relevant to Moving & Positioning.
- Employers and Employees Responsibilities.
- Mental Capacity Act in relation to Moving & Positioning.
- Spinal Anatomy.
- Back Related Injuries.
- Other Injuries Caused by Incorrect Moving & Positioning.
- Recommended weights for lifting.
- Lifting Considerations.
- Base Movement and Basic Lifting.
- Team Lifting.
- Centre of Gravity.
- Demonstration and participation in how to lift an object safely using the principals of Biomechanics
- Controversial Techniques and Unsafe Lifting Practices.
- Hazard & Risk Assessment Using the ELITE Model: The Environment, The Load, The Individual, The Task and The Equipment.
- Case Studies for Risk Assessments.
This course is available in our dedicated Colchester training room, if you would like to book this course or request more information about doing a training session nearer your business please fill out the fields below